- An article by Steve Edelson regarding sports betting can be found here.
- A www.northjersey.com blog about sports wagering can be found here.
- A story from espn.com regarding the future of sports betting can be found here.
- The resolution of the borough of Oceanport urging legislators to override Governor Christie's Veto of the Sports Wagering Bill can be found here.
- A story from ESPN.com regarding sports wagering in New Jersey can be found here.
- A story about the meeting to discuss the overturning of the Governor's Veto of Sports Betting can be found here.
- A meeting to discuss the Governor's Veto of Sports Betting has been re-scheduled for Sept 10th.
We encourage all our members to contact Senator Jen Beck at (732) 933-1591 and Senator Joe Kyrillos at (732) 671-3206 to overide the Governor's Veto of Sports Betting.
- An editorial from Senator Lesniak regarding the Governor's decision to veto sports betting can be found here.
- A letter from Dennis Drazin regarding Sports Betting in New Jersey can be found by clicking here.
- To view renderings of the future Favorites at Hillsborough OTW, click here.
- A letter from Dennis Drazin to Tom Lucento regarding purse percentages can be found by clicking here.
- A letter from Tom Lucento to Jeff Gural regarding purse percentages can be found by clicking here.
- The below links to a news article entitled "Lawmakers joining call for casino in Bergen County."
- The below links to a news story regarding potential new funding for Atlantic City Race Course.
- Dear Racing Fans and Friends of Monmouth Park,
Another year has passed. As we look back on 2013, it is only natural to plan for 2014.
Second Call Thoroughbred Adoption and Placement Program (SCTAP)* is most reflective on the success of Monmouth Park’s 2013 meet. The New Jersey Thoroughbred Horseman’s Association, Darby Development and the Management Team at Monmouth Park initiated a comprehensive “Give Back Program” from racehorse owners and the track veterinarian with optional participation from jockeys. We are excited and grateful to report that over $35,000 was raised and earmarked for the care of the track’s retired thoroughbreds.
Monmouth Park’s proactive role made it possible for Second Call to assist every person who contacted us about their retired racer! It is truly amazing what WE can accomplish by doing our part.
Monmouth Park is truly the shores greatest stretch! We look forward to an even more successful 2014. See you at the races!
Team Second Call
Jane Gilbert, President
Laurie Condurso-Lane, Director
Second Call Thoroughbred Adoption and Placement , Inc.
*Second Call Thoroughbred Adoption and Placement, founded in 2012, is a registered nonprofit Thoroughbred Adoption and Placement Program dedicated to New Jersey’s off track Thoroughbreds. Serving as the exclusive After Care Program for Monmouth Park the mission is to assist, and ensure that retired racehorses find a SECOND calling/profession. Thoroughbreds accepted into the program are rested, evaluated, re-acclimated, retrained and placed into loving homes. Second Call is solely Volunteer driven.